SprintRay is a highly collaborative environment where innovative people have the freedom to satisfy their curiosity by finding creative solutions to hard problems. In this role, the R&D Platform Manager will manage research activities and develop knowledge-based next-generation dental products.
- Responsible for facilitating on-budget and on-time delivery of project objectives and milestones across a technology platform via oversight of project management, strategic resource allocation, prioritization, and risk management
- Interact and work closely with R&D leadership, project managers, and commercial lead to balance resource requests in order to execute critical project tasks
- Ensure Alignment with priorities across the overall portfolio and technology platform
- Keep stakeholders up to date regarding the platform technical progress, risk and timeline, resource utilization, and TRL by developing and executing a communication plan
- Find creative solutions by challenging the status quo in order to speed up the development process
- Partnership with different groups to plan and scope new development projects in the technology platform
- Collaborate with legal and technical leads in IP generation and competitive IP reviews
- Promote accountability within the team and organization in order to meet customer expectations and timelines
- Develop new UV-based formulations for 3D-printing materials in dentistry
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for application in digital dentistry
- Scale up R&D formulations with direct collaboration with process engineering team and continuous support of resin manufacturing
- Establish materials standards of quality, including usability and reliability
- Direct and effective communication with the product management team, in order to define project scope and product specifications and requirements
- Advise on any new materials and process parameters in formulating resins to achieve the required goal
- Communicate and document results clearly and contemporaneously, either within the research and development team or the cross-functional teams
- Degree in a chemical, material, chemistry, biological, or closely related fields required;
- MS with 6 to 10 years of experience required in UV-related fields;
- PhD with 4 to 7 years of experience required in UV-related fields;
- In depth knowledge in additive manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience working with different groups across organization
- Strong understanding of Material science, mainly polymer chemistry or polymer physics.
- People management skills and people development skill
- Time management skill
- Travel and work outside normal working hours might be required
- Proven ability for making strategic decisions, prioritizing projects, and allocating resources
- Writing and verbal communication/ presentation skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis and project risk assessment
- Familiarity with products in dental field is a plus
SprintRay is a highly collaborative environment where innovative people have the freedom to satisfy their curiosity by finding creative solutions to hard problems. If you’re a relentless problem solver who wants to shape the future of 3D printing, join SprintRay! Together, we can revolutionize the next 100 years of manufacturing and empower future generations of doctors, designers, and makers all over the world.
To All Recruitment Agencies
SprintRay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to company email addresses or other company contacts. SprintRay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
SprintRay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.