SprintRay is a highly collaborative environment where innovative people have the freedom to satisfy their curiosity by finding creative solutions to hard problems. In this role the Sr. Chemist will define next-generation dental products and their requirements. The Sr. Chemist will develop innovative UV-based formulations for 3D printing of medical devices in digital dentistry and own the product lines.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new UV-based formulations for 3D-printing materials in dentistry.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for application in digital dentistry
- Scale up R&D formulations with direct collaboration with process engineering team and continuous support of resin manufacturing
- Establish materials standards of quality including usability and reliability.
- Direct and effective communication with the product management team in order to define project scope and product specifications and requirements.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or chemical experiments in laboratories for quality control to develop new products or knowledge.
- Prepare R&D documentation and report by collecting analyzing and summarizing information
- Assist with creation and revision of new workflows procedures and company SOPs.
- Maintain the clean-ness and organization in workshop area
- Follow up safety rules and procedures constantly
- Hands on operation of additive manufacturing machines.
- Advise on any new materials and process parameters in formulating resins to achieve the required goal.
- Communicate and document results clearly and contemporaneously either within the research and development team or the cross-functional teams.
- Serve as a technical manager for projects and ensure the effective execution of the projects.
- Cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment and laboratory facilities following current good manufacturing practices (GMP) and standard operating procedures.
- Degree in a chemical material chemistry biological or closely related fields required;
- BS with 7 to 10 years of direct experience required in UV-based formulation development;
- MS with 4 to 8 years of experience required in UV-based formulation development;
- PhD with 2 to 5 years of experience required in UV-based formulation development;
- Strong understanding of Material science mainly polymer chemistry or polymer physics.
- Process engineering skill mainly 3D printing
- Time management skill
- Process improvement
- Team work
- Attention to detail
- Writing and verbal communication/ presentation skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Familiarity with products in dental field is a plus
SprintRay is a forward-thinking, nimble company on a journey to provide digital dentistry solutions to our customers. Since 2014 we have produced products that are advanced, user-friendly, and offer a premium experience. Our organization is customer-centric, high-performing, and globally diverse. Challenging assumptions by identifying and solving problems is our way of life. We leverage conventional and unconventional wisdom with an entrepreneurial spirit that leaves no stone unturned as we develop the highest quality products, services, and relationships. For us to stamp our name on a product, it must be carefully considered, targeted, and meticulously designed to solve our customers’ most pressing problems and pave the way for the future. We work to continuously redefine the rules for our industry through our passion for technology, innovation, and our community. We have bold ambition and work to stay connected to what’s happening on the front lines of our business so that the needs of our customers are always being met.
To All Recruitment Agencies:
SprintRay does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to company email addresses or other company contacts. SprintRay is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Sprintray is an equal opportunity employer.